Sansevieria Trifasciata Golden Hahnii, Snake Plant - Succulent Plant
Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii is a popular houseplant with leaves having dark green centers that are surrounded by light yellow to gold edges.
What makes it special:
- NASA recommended air purifier plant.
- Best plant for AC rooms, office desk, etc.
- Zero maintenance plant.
- Best indoor plant for low light condition
- Popular houseplant with wavy cross stripes.
(Inclusive of all taxes)
In Stock (2415 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii, Snake Plant Plant
4 inch (10 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii, Snake Plant
Plant height: 3 - 6 inches (7 - 16 cm)
Plant spread: 2 - 4 inches (5 - 11 cm)
Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii is a stemless perennial succulent plant with dark green leaves with clear horizontal bands, arranged in an attractive rosette. It is a lovely, short growing form of Sansevieria trifasciata which remains less than a foot high as it sends out new shoots, and spreads into a cluster of leafy funnels. Snake plant can survive low light levels, drought and have few insect problems. NASA research has even shown that snake plants are able to help keep the air inside home clean, removing toxins such as formaldehyde and benzene.
Common name(s): Snake plant, Mother-in-law tongue
Flower colours: Greenish white
Bloom time: Summer or autumn
Max reachable height: 2 to 3 ft
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Bright indirect light
Soil: Well drained soil
Temperature: 12-29 degrees Celsius
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
- Protect the Snake plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Snake plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Snake plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Typical uses of Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii
Special features: Snake plant is an excellent air purifier plant.
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.