With this purchase you will get:
Raat Ki Rani, Raat Rani, Night Blooming Jasmine Plant
Description for Raat Ki Rani, Raat Rani, Night Blooming Jasmine
Plant height: 14 - 22 inches (35 - 56 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 6 inches (10 - 16 cm)
The cestrum nocturnum is known as night-blooming cestrum, night-blooming jasmine, night jasmiine, night scented jessamine, night jessamine, lady of the night, queen of the night, raat ki rani, Raatraani or Raatriraani, Night Queen, Hasna Hena (Hasnuhana )
This sprawling shrub has glossy, smooth, simple leaves, vine-like stems. It blooms in cycles throughout warm weather. Greenish-creamy white tubular flowers rise from above leaves along the stem, followed by shiny white, fleshy berries.
Common name(s): Night-blooming jasmine, night-blooming cestrum, lady of the night, queen of the night, night-blooming jessamine, Hasna Hena
Flower colours: White
Bloom time: August to October
Max reachable height: upto 13 ft
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
The night-scented jasmine grows best in a garden bed, or it can also be grown in pots or containers. It is better to start with a smaller pot and transplant it in the next bigger size as the roots grow.Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Sunlight: It requires at least 4 to 5 hrs of sun light or partial light each day to bloom and good growth. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight it causes leaves to wilt.
Soil: Well-drained loamy or red loamy fertile soil.
Water: Keep soil moist throughout the growing season.
Temperature: 25-30 degrees C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Raat Ki Rani
- Raat ki rani grows best when trimmed and kept in the size and shape of a bush otherwise it grows thin developing a long stem trailing like a climber and taking over the other pots.
- It alsolooks good when the white flowers grow on the bush and the sight is wonderful to see the round shape of the raat ki rani bush laden with tiny tubular white flowers growing in bunches drooping down with its weight, and of course the heavenly fragrance.
- Night blooming jasmine blooms only when the weather is warm.
- The night blooming jasmine grows well in full sun light or partial shade.
- If they are in frost areas, consider planting under a tree.
- If frost is expected, move the plant indoors or under shelter.
- The plant will die if exposed to frost but will grow again in the spring.
Typical uses of Raat Ki Rani
Special features: Night scented jessamine fragrance is heavenly especially in the night as the flowers open after sunset and in the hot summers, the plant is in its full beauty. It can grow in all climates (mostly warm).
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container flowering or house plant.
Medicinal use: NA