Prunus serotina, commonly called black cherry, wild black cherry, rum cherry, or mountain black cherry, is a woody plant species belonging to the genus Prunus. The species is widespread and common in North America and South America.Common name:
April to MayHeight:
50.00 to 80.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
Black Cherry is a plant in the Prunus genus with a scientific name of Prunus serotina var. eximia. The botanical name epithet for Black Cherry (serotina) means produced late in the season .It grows mainly as a Deciduous, which is as a plant that tends to shed its leaves annually.Normally grows with a tree habit.Sunlight:
Full sun to part shadeSoil:
34° to 43° FFertilizer:
Apply any organic fertilizer Care:
- Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade.
- Best in moist, fertile loams in full sun.
- Young trees develop a long tap root which makes transplanting difficult.
Medium to large flowering shade tree. UseOrnamental use:
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
As a native Missouri tree, black cherry is adapted to the Missouri climate and has good resistance to most pests.
Friday, 01 November 2019
Really very good product i have purchase one plant pack .
Please log in to write a review. Log in