About Cornus florida
Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Prefers moist, organically rich, acidic soils in part shade. Benefits from a 2-4” mulch which will help keep roots cool and moist in summer.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name ||flowering dogwood|
|Maximum Reachable Height ||15.00 to 30.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||April to May
|Difficulty Level ||easy to grow|
Planting and careMost dogwoods require supplemental water during summer and fall, especially during hot, dry spells. For care of flowering dogwood trees, regular watering once a week to a depth of 6 inches should suffice. However, adding a generous layer of mulch will help retain moisture, minimizing watering chores.
Cornus florida care
In their natural habitat, dogwoods are understory trees, which are generally surrounded or protected by other larger trees. Therefore, when caring for dogwood trees, this should be considered carefully before placement in the landscape.
Locating these trees on the edge of wooded areas or in groups is oftentimes more suitable to their natural surroundings. They can also be used as a backdrop for azaleas or other spring-flowering shrubs.
|Sunlight || Full sun to part shade|
|Watering || Medium|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Cornus florida uses
- Popular as a specimen or small grouping on residential property around homes, near patios or in lawns
- Also effective in woodland, bird or native plant gardens
- Dogwood bark is best used as an ointment for ague, malaria (substitute for quinine), fever, pneumonia, colds, and similar complaints
- Used for diarrhea
- Externally, poulticed onto external ulcers and sores
- Twigs used as chewing sticks, forerunners of the toothpick
- It was sometimes used as a substitute when Peruvian bark could not be obtained
- Cilantro is an attractive herb with lacy foliage and tiny flowers held in
- Egypt, Greece and Rome for culinary uses, and is one of the oldest spices
Frequently Asked Questions
What is another name for a Cornus florida ?
Cornus florida is commonly known as flowering dogwood
How tall do Cornus florida grow?
On average Cornus florida grows 15.00 to 30.00 feet
What color are Cornus florida ?
A Cornus florida plant bears flowers of color White
When Cornus florida blooms?
With enough light, Cornus florida may produce White flowers in April to May
How hard is Cornus florida to grow?
A Cornus florida is easy to grow
How much sunlight does a Cornus florida need?
A Cornus florida prefers Full sun to part shade
How much water does a Cornus florida need?
A Cornus florida prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a Cornus florida need?
A Cornus florida prefers well-drained soil
What temperature does a Cornus florida like?
A Cornus florida prefers -25c
How often should I fertilize my Cornus florida ?
To encourage Cornus florida growth, Apply any organic fertilizer
Friday, 29 November 2019
I received product with very good quality. But its not as per there image.
Please log in to write a review. Log in