About Rocket Arugula Wild Cut
Best grown in deep, fertile, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerates light shade. Foliage depreciates rapidly if soils are allowed to dry out.
|Common Name ||salad rocket, rucola, rucoli, rugula, colewort, roquette, and arugula|
|Height ||4.00 to 7.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||June to July|
|Difficulty Level ||easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Feed plants on a regular basis before and throughout the blooming cycle (avoid chemical fertilizers and pesticides if you’re harvesting for the kitchen)
- Once a month between April and July, apply a balanced granular fertilizer (5-10-5 or 5-10-10)
- Allow ¾ to 1 cup for each bush, and sprinkle it around the drip line, not against the stem
Rocket Arugula Wild Cut care
- Prefers rich humusy soil with pH of 6 to 6
- 8, but will tolerate wide variety of conditions
- Evenly moist soil will help slow bolting
- Growth is low and compact until heat causes plant to bolt
- Forms a rosette of deeply lobed leaves
- Plants become erect when heat induces bolting
- Flowers are edible
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||45 - 70F|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
|Harvest Season ||ready to harvest as early as 4 weeks after seeding.|
Rocket Arugula Wild Cut special feature
Accent for open sunny areas. Periphery of border. Cottage gardens. Wild gardens.
Rocket Arugula Wild Cut uses
- As in other greens, arugula also is one of the very low-calorie vegetables
- 100 g of fresh leaves hold just 25 calories
- Nonetheless, it has many vital phytochemicals, anti-oxidants, vitamins, and minerals that may immensely benefit health
- Salad rocket has the ORAC value (oxygen radical absorbance capacity, a measure of antioxidant strength) of about 1904 µmol TE per 100 grams
- it is cooked and eaten like spinach, or it can be used more sparingly as an herb to flavor a salad, meat, or pasta sauce
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do rocket arugula wild cut grow?
On average rocket arugula wild cut grows 4.00 to 7.00 feet
What color are rocket arugula wild cut ?
A rocket arugula wild cut plant bears flowers of color White
How hard is rocket arugula wild cut to grow?
A rocket arugula wild cut is easy to grow
How much sunlight does a rocket arugula wild cut need?
A rocket arugula wild cut prefers Full sun
How much water does a rocket arugula wild cut need?
A rocket arugula wild cut prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a rocket arugula wild cut need?
What temperature does a rocket arugula wild cut like?
How should I fertilize my rocket arugula wild cut ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Wednesday, 22 July 2020
Tuesday, 21 July 2020
Thursday, 12 March 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in