About Lobia Beans
The bean is a bushy, hardy annual that can grow from 3 to 4½ feet tall. The bean has square stems with leaves divided into leaflets. Pods are 6 to 8 inches long and contain 4 to 6 flat, oval seeds that can be white, yellow, green, or pinkish-red.
Different types of varieties are available to grow in different habitat like . Pencil Beans Selection.
|Common Name ||Vicia faba, horsebean, broadbean, fava bean|
|Height ||3 to 5 meter|
|Flower Colour ||Varies|
|Bloom Time ||February-August.|
|Difficulty Level || Easy to grow |
Planting and care
- Water broad beans just before the soil dries out, but do not over-water them
- Keep soil moist during flowering and pod formation
- Plant beans in well-drained soil
- Broad beans do not require feeding apart from planting in fertile,
Lobia Beans care
- Beans are a cool-season crop that grow best in temperatures ranging from 60° to 65°F, but fava beans will grow in temperatures as low as 40°F and as warm as 75°F
- Sow broad beans in spring as soon as the soil can be worked for harvest before the weather warms
|Sunlight ||Full Sun|
|Watering ||Provide regular water throughout the growing season.|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||60 to 65 Degree F |
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer |
|Harvest Season || Beans require 80 to 100 days to reach harvest. Pick broad beans for fresh use like snap beans when seeds are about the size of a pea. |
Lobia Beans special feature
Unshelled broad beans will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Broad beans can be frozen, canned, or dried.
Lobia Beans uses
- Beans can prevent heart disease
- Beans can fight cancer
- Beans can lower cholesterol
- Beans can help you lose weight
- Beans can help manage diabetes
- Beans can cause migraines
- Beans can raise blood pressure
- Note: Use only after consulting specialist
- A simple recipe for fava beans would be to sauté them with bacon or pancetta until tender and then serve topped with melted butter and shaved pecorino cheese and freshly ground black pepper
fava beans in a pasta recipe, you'd first boil some water, add Kosher salt, and blanch the beans for 3 to 5 minutes
- Also use in salad
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do lobia beans grow?
On average lobia beans grows 3 to 5 meter
What color are lobia beans ?
A lobia beans plant bears flowers of color Varies
How hard is lobia beans to grow?
A lobia beans is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a lobia beans need?
A lobia beans prefers Full Sun
How much water does a lobia beans need?
A lobia beans prefers watering Provide regular water throughout the growing season.
What kind of soil does a lobia beans need?
What temperature does a lobia beans like?
How should I fertilize my lobia beans ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Friday, 24 July 2020
Thursday, 23 July 2020
Sunday, 15 March 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in