About Lemon Balm
Easily grown in average, dry to medium, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Plants like full sun in northern areas but appreciate some part afternoon shade in hot summer climates.
|Common Name ||Melissa officinalis|
|Height ||1.50 to 2.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||White to pale yellow|
|Difficulty Level ||easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Lemon balm can grow well in most climates, although it prefers drier climates
- PLANTING TIME: Plant seedlings indoors in early spring, (6-8 weeks before last frost), or sow seeds on the surface of soil after the last frost of spring
Lemon Balm care
- Follow these How to Grow Lemon Balm from seeds instructions and grow some wonderful “Lemony” flavour
- Grow in container or contained area of the garden as this plant spreads
- Start indoors 6 to 8 weeks before last frost, and transplant out or direct so in late March to mid-April
- Barely cover the tiny seeds
|Sunlight ||Full Sun|
|Watering ||Dry to medium|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
|Harvest Season ||The plant will regrow in 4 weeks or so in warm weather.|
Lemon Balm special feature
Herb gardens. Border fronts. Naturalize as a ground cover in informal areas
Lemon Balm uses
- In medieval times it was used medicinally to cure all forms of ailment from crooked necks to morning sickness, it was thought to be beneficial to help heal wounds, treat venomous insect bites and stings and for alleviating pain from gout
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do lemon balm grow?
On average lemon balm grows 1.50 to 2.00 feet
What color are lemon balm ?
A lemon balm plant bears flowers of color White to pale yellow
How hard is lemon balm to grow?
A lemon balm is easy to grow
How much sunlight does a lemon balm need?
A lemon balm prefers Full Sun
How much water does a lemon balm need?
A lemon balm prefers watering Dry to medium
What kind of soil does a lemon balm need?
What temperature does a lemon balm like?
How should I fertilize my lemon balm ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in