This product contains
|1||Cuphea Hyssopifolia ( Lavender) - Plant|
|2||5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
About Cuphea Hyssopifolia
This product may not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of lavender colored flower.
Cuphea hyssopifolia is a small evergreen shrub from Lythraceae family, native to Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras.
It grows to about 60 cm high by 90 cm wide and the flowers emerge from the axils to create a show of color that lasts for most part of the year and flower color may range from purple, lavender, white, pink, and deep rose variety.The leaves are small and arranged alternatively along the length of the stems giving the plants a fern-like appearance. Cuphea thrives in hot humid climates, Foliage color is prettiest when grown in broken shade.It is tender tropical shrub and it is a perfect choice as a permanent evergreen ground cover and exhibits non-stop flowering.
|Plant Height||12 inch (30 cm)|
|Plant Spread ||6 inch (15 cm)|
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name ||False heather, Elfin herb, Hawaiian heather, Mexican False Heather|
|Maximum Reachable Height ||30-60 centimeter|
|Flower Colour ||Lavender|
|Bloom Time ||Blooms non-stop almost year round.|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy |
Planting and care
Morning sunlight of 3 - 6 hours a day is ideal for flowering and plant grow well in bright light for rest of the day. Soil The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing Cuphea plant. Watering Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Apply 3 cup(approx.150ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch. Do not overwater the plant. As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening. Application of Fertilizer Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Apply organic fertilizer once a month(throughout the year) Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer. Plant Protection Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment. Don'ts Do not overwater the plant specially when pot doesn't have drainage hole. Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungal infection.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Cuphea Hyssopifolia care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Apply 3 cup(approx.150ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch. Keep the plant in artificial bright light. Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight ||Natural bright light with morning sunlight(3-6 hours)|
|Watering ||Apply 3 cup(approx.150ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch|
|Soil ||Well drained, fertile and rich in organic content |
|Temperature ||22-32 Degree Celsius. |
|Fertilizer ||Apply organic fertilizer once a month(throughout the year)|
Cuphea Hyssopifolia special feature
Annual for borders, beds, ground cover or edgings along walkways or paths container plant for decks, patios or porches, Hanging baskets, Houseplant
Cuphea Hyssopifolia uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Some time Cuphea used to cure indigestion, dysentery etc
- Note: The following information is general guidelines, be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
When to plant Cuphea?
Cuphea is planted from January to June
How to plant Cuphea?
To plant Cuphea consider the following points
1. To grow Cuphea plant in pot, choose a pot having of 5 inch upper diameter and drainage holes. 2. Fill the 1/3 pot with well drained soil rich in organic content and place the plant in the center of the pot.
3. Fill the remaining pot with same soil.
4. Keep the plant in indirect bright light location for 2-3 days and then gradually move to a location that receives more than 6 hours of direct sunlight. 5. Once the plant is overgrown in current pot, plant it in field. If you are planting purchased plant directly in ground follow below procedure. 1. Keep the plant in indirect bright light for 3-4 days and gradually move to a location receiving direct sunlight for more than 6 hours a day. 2. Dig a pit twice the size of the bag/pot the current plant is in. 3. Fill the 1/3 of pit with soil rich in organic content, place the plant in center and fill the pit with same soil. 4. Apply water. General caring tips- Plant should get more than 6 hours of sunlight a day. Water the plant when surface soil (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing season (June-July).
Note - For further details check the product description.
How to propagate Cuphea plant?
Cuphea is propagated by seed and tip cuttings.1. Treat the seeds with rooting hormone. Seeds can be sown in seed pans for obtaining seedlings for garden use. 2. The seeds are sown at 10-12 cm apart and covered with a mixture of soil and FYM. 3. After sowing, the beds should be watered gently with water can. 4. The seeds will germinate within week with proper care and management.
Monday, 16 March 2020
Can you ensure that your packaging will not spoil the plant.
Saturday, 29 February 2020
Have never ordered plants on line before but want to tell you how absolutely thrilled I am with the plants.
Thursday, 06 February 2020
Very much happy with the product and service.
Please log in to write a review. Log in