Gomphocarpus physocarpus, commonly known as balloonplant, balloon cotton-bush, bishop s balls, nailhead, or swan plant, is a species of milkweed. The plant is native to southeast Africa, but it has been widely naturalized.Common name:
July to AugustHeight:
4.00 to 6.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
Every leaf has a growth bud, so removing old flower blossoms encourages the plant to make more flowers instead of using the energy to make seeds. Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects.Late in the season, stop deadheading rugosas so that hips will form on the plants.Sunlight:
58 -60 FFertilizer:
apply any organic fertilizer Care:
- Always wear safety goggles; branches can whip back when released.
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
- Deadhead religiously and keep beds clean.
Unique seed pods add interest to garden areas. Stems with seed pods make excellent additions to dried flower arrangements. UseMedicinal use:
- Asclepias physocarpa plant is often used as an ornamental plant.
- The plant is a food source for the caterpillars of Danaus butterflies, and is a specific Monarch butterfly food and habitat plant.
- It is also popular in traditional medicine to cure various ailments.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
Monday, 21 October 2019
Simply love the plant....healthy n beautiful!!....Thankyou for the free gifts!!
Please log in to write a review. Log in