Caladiums can be grown in containers or clumped together within beds and borders. There are numerous varieties of caladiums found in either the fancy-leaved or the strap-leaved cultivar. Often varieties that bloom for a short portion of the season.
Blooming on caladium plants is not common, but tubers planted in favorable locations tend to produce small flowers.
|Common Name ||Elephant ear, Heart of Jesus, Angel Wings|
|Height ||Up to 80 cm|
|Flower Colour ||Pale yellow (the flower-like bud on a caladium is a spathe)|
|Bloom Time ||The flowers are inconspicuous and when grown as annuals, they may not have time to flower at all.|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- In temperate areas, they should be lifted before the first frost
The corms are dried and stored for the winter when temperatures fall to 65 degrees F (18 degrees C) and stored moderately dry (not bone-dry) over the winter at temperatures between 56 degrees F (13 degrees C) and 61 degrees F (16 degrees C)
When you plant caladiums, you should plant them about 4 to 6 inches deep and 4 to 6 inches apart
Water the caladiums enough to keep the soil slightly damp but never enough for it to be soggy
- The genus Caladium includes seven species that are native to South America and Central America, and naturalized in India, parts of Africa, and various tropical islands
- Caladiums grow from tubers and can be propagated by dividing the tubers
- These plants thrive in moist, well-drained soil and are generally happier in partial shade
- As foliage begins to die down in the fall, reduce water, dig up and air dry bulbs for a week
- Store in a dry location at 55 degrees or above
|Sunlight ||Full sun to partial shade|
|Watering ||During their growing season, they require moderate watering.|
|Soil ||Moist, well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||18 to 24 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Fertilize weekly during the growing season with liquid or use slow-release pellets.|
Caladium special feature
- Several species are grown as ornamental plants for their large, arrowhead-shaped leaves marked in varying patterns
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do caladium grow?
On average caladium grows Up to 80 cm
What color are caladium ?
A caladium plant bears flowers of color Pale yellow (the flower-like bud on a caladium is a spathe)
How hard is caladium to grow?
A caladium is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a caladium need?
A caladium prefers Full sun to partial shade
How much water does a caladium need?
A caladium prefers watering During their growing season, they require moderate watering.
What kind of soil does a caladium need?
What temperature does a caladium like?
How should I fertilize my caladium ?
Fertilize weekly during the growing season with liquid or use slow-release pellets.
Tuesday, 04 February 2020
Sunday, 17 December 2017
Very bad quality n not got full quantity.only 4 pcs. Instead of 10.very bad experience.never order in future.
Monday, 04 December 2017
Will I ge bulbs of all the colors shown in pic? If I purchase these now do I hv to wait till mar to plant them in Delhi?
Please log in to write a review. Log in