About Bauhinia Variegated
The Orchid Tree grows to approximately 10m tall in the warm climate, and 5-6m tall in the cooler climate. It has large, fragrant, pink to purple flowers. The flowers resemble the flowers borne on orchids, which is where the common name originates from, and are absolutely stunning.
Flowers are followed by seed pods of up to 30cm long, which contain several seeds. Leaves are large and shaped like a butterfly. The Orchid Tree is native to Asia, and it is the emblem of Hong Kong.
|Common Name ||Purple Orchid Tree.|
|Height ||Up to 10 feet.|
|Flower Colour ||Pink to purple.|
|Bloom Time ||Late winter to early spring.|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Watering should be done up to growing season of the plant
- Trim off any unsightly or leggy growth after the blooms fade and, of course, prune out any dead, diseased or broken branches any time of year
Bauhinia Variegated care
- Bauhinia Variegated seeds are sow in the pot or nursery bed
- Before sowing, seeds are soaked in water for better germination
- One-year-old seedlings are transplanted in the main field or container
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Watering || In summer, water your tree at least once a week, but in winter, cut back to every four to six weeks and only if it doesn t rain.|
|Soil ||Well draining, slightly acidic soil.|
|Temperature ||25 to 40 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer.|
Bauhinia Variegated uses
- It is excellent as a feature tree or in the middle of a lawn as a shade tree
- It does very well in pots, and could be pruned into a hedge or screen
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do bauhinia variegated grow?
On average bauhinia variegated grows Up to 10 feet.
What color are bauhinia variegated?
A bauhinia variegated plant bears flowers of color Pink to purple.
How hard is bauhinia variegated to grow?
A bauhinia variegated is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a bauhinia variegated need?
A bauhinia variegated prefers Full sun
How much water does a bauhinia variegated need?
A bauhinia variegated prefers watering In summer, water your tree at least once a week, but in winter, cut back to every four to six weeks and only if it doesn t rain.
What kind of soil does a bauhinia variegated need?
Well draining, slightly acidic soil.
What temperature does a bauhinia variegated like?
How should I fertilize my bauhinia variegated?
Use any organic fertilizer.
Saturday, 25 July 2020
Wednesday, 22 July 2020
Thursday, 12 March 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in