Tuberous wood sorrels provide food for certain small herbivores. The genus is incredibly diverse and collectible. These funny looking bulbs will produce foliage and flowers in just 8-10 weeks. Some varieties have double flowers.
Leaves are in a range of shades and delicate flowers bloom off and on during fall, winter and spring. Leaves of few varieties are clover shaped and some think the plant brings good luck. These leaves fold up at night and open when light returns.
|Common Name ||Oxalises|
|Height ||Expect a max height of 25 cm / 10 inches and it will spread to fill the size of the container you have put it in.|
|Flower Colour ||Yellow|
|Bloom Time ||Fall plantings come into bloom in March, while spring plantings will flower in late summer.|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- After blooming has finished for the season leave the foliage in place; do not cut it off
- The leaves will gather sunlight and strengthen the bulb for the future
Late in the summer or in fall the leaves will yellow and die back as the plant slips into dormancy
- You can remove the foliage at this point
- Be very sure that the pests cannot reach other plants and clean the area of all fallen leaves thoroughly
- Wipe down all of the surfaces using a diluted 50/50 alcohol/water solution if possible
- Your Oxalis will rest for a while beginning the next growing cycle in early spring
- Oxalis may attract aphids, white flies or spider mites
- Because these plants have regular dormancy periods you can isolate your plant from any of your other plants and wait until the leaves fall to get rid of the pests
Leaves are in a range of shades and delicate flowers bloom off and on during fall, winter and spring
|Sunlight ||Full sun. It can tolerate partial shade for some time.|
|Soil ||Most potting mixes that drain well, which are also well aerated will do the trick.|
|Temperature ||13 to 24 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||A diluted liquid fertilizer is helpful to use during the growing period. Feed once every 1 or 2 weeks. No feeding is required during dormancy.|
Oxalis special feature
- Flowers will add beauty to your garden
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do oxalis grow?
On average oxalis grows Expect a max height of 25 cm / 10 inches and it will spread to fill the size of the container you have put it in.
What color are oxalis ?
A oxalis plant bears flowers of color Yellow
How hard is oxalis to grow?
How much sunlight does a oxalis need?
A oxalis prefers Full sun. It can tolerate partial shade for some time.
How much water does a oxalis need?
A oxalis prefers watering Moderate
What kind of soil does a oxalis need?
Most potting mixes that drain well, which are also well aerated will do the trick.
What temperature does a oxalis like?
How should I fertilize my oxalis ?
A diluted liquid fertilizer is helpful to use during the growing period. Feed once every 1 or 2 weeks. No feeding is required during dormancy.
Friday, 31 January 2020
Sunday, 06 October 2019
This plant look so beautiful.
Please log in to write a review. Log in