About Hymenocallis Speciosa
These hearty bulbs are easy to grow and require minimal care, provided that you plant them in the right place.
At home in both formal and naturalistic settings, lilies also most take readily to containers.
Plus, they all make wonderful cut flowers!
Daylilies are clump-forming perennials with arching, grasslike or straplike leaves. All the leaves arise from the base of the plant in two opposing ranks, resulting in a fan-like appearance.
|Common Name ||Tawny Daylily, Tiger Lily|
|Height ||2.5 to 3 feet|
|Flower Colour ||White color
|Bloom Time ||Summer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Avoid keeping in the scorching sun
- After planting, water well for a few weeks until the roots are established
Apply a balanced fertilizer in the spring or flowering season
Remove dead and damaged plant parts
Reduce watering in the extreme winter
- Wait until the soil feels dry to touch
Hymenocallis Speciosa care
- Select a site that gets full sun
- For dependable blooms, lilies need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day
- If it is too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over
- Dig a hole deep and wide enough to accommodate the roots
- Firm the soil around the crown, pressing down with both hands
- It adapts to many different soil and light conditions
- Plant in the early spring or in the early fall
- Add organic compost to the soil before planting
- Space the bulbs 10 to 18 inches apart and 1 inch deep
Daylilies do very well when planted outdoors
- They are not fussy about soil, they can tolerate shade, and they are naturally resistant to insects
|Sunlight ||Full Sun to Partial Shade|
|Soil ||Well-drained loamy soil|
|Temperature || 13 to 24 Celsius|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer
Hymenocallis Speciosa special feature
The flowers of some species are edible and are used in Chinese cuisine. They are sold (fresh or dried) in Asian markets as gum jum or golden needles or yellow flower
Hymenocallis Speciosa uses
- Daylilies are ideal perennials with many uses in a landscape: as specimen plants in the garden or massed to stabilize a slope or to act as a carefree ground cover
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do hymenocallis speciosa grow?
On average hymenocallis speciosa grows 2.5 to 3 feet
What color are hymenocallis speciosa?
A hymenocallis speciosa plant bears flowers of color White color
How hard is hymenocallis speciosa to grow?
A hymenocallis speciosa is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a hymenocallis speciosa need?
A hymenocallis speciosa prefers Full Sun to Partial Shade
How much water does a hymenocallis speciosa need?
A hymenocallis speciosa prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a hymenocallis speciosa need?
What temperature does a hymenocallis speciosa like?
How should I fertilize my hymenocallis speciosa?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Saturday, 11 April 2020
Hey Nurserylive, I love you guys, i was able to successfully grow this plant healthy. Will make a video on this and send you. I am really happy and impress with you. Surprisingly i got some free capsicum seeds and those have grown healthy and its fruiting now. I wish i could have send you some images here. Count me as one of your permanent customer now. Awesome purchase very wonderful experience.
Wednesday, 22 January 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in