Lycoris commonly called spider lily is a late summer-blooming bulb of the amaryllis family. Strap-like grayish-green leaves appear in fall only after bloom is finished. Naked flower scapes emerge from the ground in late summer to early fall, each bearing an umbel of 4 to 6 showy coral flowers.
|Common Name ||Cluster Amaryllis, Hurricane Lily, Magic Lily, Spider Lily, Stone Garlic|
|Height ||12 to 36 inches|
|Flower Colour ||Any color|
|Bloom Time ||Late Summer to Monsoon season|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season
Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am
You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector
You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season, flower bud stage
Mulch the potting mix with organic material
- Lycoris plants propagated from bulbs
- Planting time of the bulb in the year round
- Dig a hole about three times as deep as the height of the bulb
- Set the bulb in the hole, then covers with soil and press firmly
- Planting space of bulbs 4 to 6 inches apart
- Water thoroughly after planting
- Use the potting mix for bulb plantation as Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1)
Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2)
|Sunlight ||Full to partial sunlight|
|Soil ||Sandy loam soil|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Lycoris special feature
Attractive fragrant flower
- This bulb plant grows as a border or bed in the garden
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do lycoris grow?
On average lycoris grows 12 to 36 inches
What color are lycoris?
A lycoris plant bears flowers of color Any color
How hard is lycoris to grow?
A lycoris is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a lycoris need?
A lycoris prefers Full to partial sunlight
How much water does a lycoris need?
A lycoris prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a lycoris need?
What temperature does a lycoris like?
How should I fertilize my lycoris?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Monday, 03 February 2020
Wednesday, 30 August 2017
This flowering plant is really easy to grow.
Friday, 11 August 2017
After how many days it will flower.
Please log in to write a review. Log in