This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of any colored flower. Inflorescences, stems, and leaves of this plant resemble the flowers, stems, and leaves of tulips, hence the common name.
The true flowers are seen only if they curl around the bracts edges. Each inflorescence appears atop a rigid, reed-like stem that grows to 2 inches tall from a clump of narrow, lance-shaped, dark green leaves.
|Common Name ||Siam tulip, summer tulip|
|Height ||Up to 2 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Varies|
|Bloom Time ||June to August|
|Difficulty Level ||Medium difficult to grow|
Planting and care
- Provide regular moisture throughout the growing season and do not allow soils to dry out
If your soil tends to dry out much, it's best to grow Curcuma in partial shade
Stop watering once the foliage starts to go yellow
- Reduce watering in the winter
Provide the filtered light and high humidity for houseplants
- Plant rhizomes in spring after last frost date in organically rich, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade
- Plant rhizomes outdoors in spring
- Plant them at a depth of 4 inches
- Plants may also be grown in containers that should be overwintered indoors in the pots in a cool dry location with minimal moisture
|Sunlight ||Full sun to part shade|
|Soil ||Moist, well-drained soil that has a lot of organic matter|
|Temperature ||15 to 22 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Fertilize Curcuma during spring and summer with any general-purpose fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||June to August (Flower & Bulb)|
Curcuma special feature
Foliage and flowers
- The plant is used as an ornamental plant
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do curcuma grow?
On average curcuma grows Up to 2 feet
What color are curcuma ?
A curcuma plant bears flowers of color Varies
How hard is curcuma to grow?
A curcuma is Medium difficult to grow
How much sunlight does a curcuma need?
A curcuma prefers Full sun to part shade
How much water does a curcuma need?
A curcuma prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a curcuma need?
Moist, well-drained soil that has a lot of organic matter
What temperature does a curcuma like?
How should I fertilize my curcuma ?
Fertilize Curcuma during spring and summer with any general-purpose fertilizer.
Wednesday, 12 February 2020
Saturday, 10 March 2018
How to plant the bulbs in containers
Sunday, 06 August 2017
cute flowers in this plant.
Please log in to write a review. Log in