Polianthes tuberosa, the tuberose, is a perennial plant related to the agaves, extracts of which are used as a note in perfumery. Polianthes Tuberosa (Rajnigandha), the tuberose is a perennial flowering plant (A perennial plant is a plant that lives for more than two years).
It grows in elongated spikes up to 18 inches long that produce clusters of fragrant waxy white flowers that bloom from the bottom towards the top of the spike. It has long, bright green leaves clustered at the base of the plant and smaller, clasping leaves along the stem.
3 - 5 days
|Common Name ||Mexican tuberose, Tuberose, Rajanigandha|
|Height ||2 to 3 feet|
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||Summer, Autumn|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Protect from winter wet
- Mulch the potting mix with organic material
Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season
Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am
You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector
You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and monsoon season, flower bud stage
- Sowing season of rajanigandha bulbs in the monsoon or early winter season
- Dig a hole and sow the bulb up to 5 cm deep
- Set the bulb in the hole, pointy end up, then cover with soil and press firmly
- Space bulbs 4 to 6 inches apart
- Water thoroughly after planting
- Use the potting mix for bulb plantation as Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1)
Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2)
|Sunlight ||Full Sun to Partial sun|
|Soil ||Well-drained loam soil|
|Temperature ||21 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Rajnigandha special feature
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
- They are excellent in the garden or in pots
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do rajnigandha grow?
On average rajnigandha grows 2 to 3 feet
What color are rajnigandha?
A rajnigandha plant bears flowers of color White
How hard is rajnigandha to grow?
A rajnigandha is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a rajnigandha need?
A rajnigandha prefers Full Sun to Partial sun
How much water does a rajnigandha need?
A rajnigandha prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a rajnigandha need?
What temperature does a rajnigandha like?
How should I fertilize my rajnigandha?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Sunday, 15 March 2020
Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Saturday, 15 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in