About Nerine Lily
They are bulbous perennials. They produce spherical umbels of lily-like flowers in shades from white through pink to crimson. The leaves are threadlike and strap-shaped. Each flower is usually consisting of six narrow tepals.
|Common Name ||Nerines, Guernsey lily, Jersey lily, spider lily|
|Height ||Up to 26 inches|
|Flower Colour ||Any Color|
|Bloom Time ||Summer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season
Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am
- Avoid waterlogged soil
Reduce watering in the winter
You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector
You should fertilize a plant at planting time and growing season
Mulch the potting mix with organic material
Nerine Lily care
- Planting season is in the spring or summer season
- Dig a hole about three times as deep as the height of the bulb
- Set the bulb in the hole, pointy end up, then cover with soil and press firmly
- Space bulbs 8 to 10 inches apart
- Water thoroughly after planting
- Use the potting mix for bulb plantation as Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1) Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2)
|Sunlight ||Full sun to partial sun|
|Soil ||Sandy Soil, Loamy Soil, Well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||18 to 28 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||Summer|
Nerine Lily special feature
Nerine Lily uses
- They are used as cut flowers as they produce long-lasting blooms
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do nerine lily grow?
On average nerine lily grows Up to 26 inches
What color are nerine lily ?
A nerine lily plant bears flowers of color Any Color
How hard is nerine lily to grow?
A nerine lily is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a nerine lily need?
A nerine lily prefers Full sun to partial sun
How much water does a nerine lily need?
A nerine lily prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a nerine lily need?
Sandy Soil, Loamy Soil, Well-drained soil
What temperature does a nerine lily like?
How should I fertilize my nerine lily ?
Use any organic fertilizer.
Wednesday, 29 January 2020
Thursday, 24 August 2017
Shall we use it in hanging pots ?
Tuesday, 08 August 2017
How much water should be applied to this plant.
Please log in to write a review. Log in