About Lycoris Radiata
The bulb growing just below the surface of the ground, fleshy flower stalks sprout. The flowers of L. aurea are held in a circular truss. After the flowers fade, several somewhat fleshy broad leaves sprout from the bulb.
|Common Name ||Yellow spider lily, naked lily, surprise lily, golden hurricane lily|
|Height ||18 to 24 inches|
|Flower Colour ||Red|
|Bloom Time ||Fall|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Avoid keeping in the scorching sun
- After planting, water well for a few weeks until the roots are established
Apply a balanced fertilizer in the spring or flowering season
Remove dead and damaged plant parts
Reduce watering in the extreme winter
- Wait until the soil feels dry to touch
Lycoris Radiata care
- Keep planting depth up to 3 to 4 inches
Select a site that gets full sun
- For dependable blooms, lilies need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day
- If it is too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over
- Dig a hole deep and wide enough to accommodate the roots
- Firm the soil around the crown, pressing down with both hands
- Plant in the early spring or in the early fall
- Add organic compost to the soil before planting
- Space the bulbs 10 to 18 inches apart and 1 inch deep
Daylilies do very well when planted outdoors
- They are not fussy about soil, they can tolerate shade, and they are naturally resistant to insects
|Sunlight ||Full sun to partial shade|
|Watering ||Water lightly until top growth emerges, then average during the active growth cycle.|
|Soil ||Average Soil, Compost Enriched Garden Loam Soil|
|Temperature ||16 to 24 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer|
Lycoris Radiata special feature
Lycoris Radiata uses
- They are suitable for flower beds and pots as well
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do lycoris radiata grow?
On average lycoris radiata grows 18 to 24 inches
What color are lycoris radiata?
A lycoris radiata plant bears flowers of color Red
How hard is lycoris radiata to grow?
A lycoris radiata is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a lycoris radiata need?
A lycoris radiata prefers Full sun to partial shade
How much water does a lycoris radiata need?
A lycoris radiata prefers watering Water lightly until top growth emerges, then average during the active growth cycle.
What kind of soil does a lycoris radiata need?
Average Soil, Compost Enriched Garden Loam Soil
What temperature does a lycoris radiata like?
How should I fertilize my lycoris radiata?
Use any organic fertilizer
Saturday, 15 February 2020
Tuesday, 05 November 2019
Which other plant can be grown with this plant.
Please log in to write a review. Log in