Gladiolus are available with flowers in a huge range of colors, including apricot, blue, burgundy, pink, gold, red, orange, and white, as well as multicolored varieties. It is sometimes called the sword lily.
A great cutting flower, gladioli look beautiful in midsummer bouquets. Height ranges from 2 to 5 feet.
Their stems are generally unbranched, producing 1 to 9 narrow, sword-shaped, longitudinal grooved leaves. The flower spikes are large and one-sided. They are united at their base into a tube-shaped structure.
|Common Name ||Sword lily|
|Height ||Up to 5 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Any color|
|Bloom Time ||Spring, Summer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season
Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am
You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector
You should fertilize a plant at planting time and growing season
Mulch the potting mix with organic material
- Gladiolas bulbs submerge in the water until they germinate well
- Use the glass container for submerging the bulbs and keep it in the bright indirect sunlight
- Change the water twice a week
- After germinated bulb is planted in the potting mix
- Keep the plant where the maximum sunlight is available
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil is dry
- Following are the suggested compositions for bulb plantation: Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1) or,
Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (1:1:1)
|Sunlight ||Full to partial sunlight|
|Soil ||Sandy loam soil|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Gladiolus special feature
- This flowering bulbous plant is used as the ornamental purpose
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do gladiolus grow?
On average gladiolus grows Up to 5 feet
What color are gladiolus ?
A gladiolus plant bears flowers of color Any color
How hard is gladiolus to grow?
A gladiolus is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a gladiolus need?
A gladiolus prefers Full to partial sunlight
How much water does a gladiolus need?
A gladiolus prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a gladiolus need?
What temperature does a gladiolus like?
How should I fertilize my gladiolus ?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Monday, 16 March 2020
Saturday, 29 February 2020
Sunday, 16 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in