About Daffodil Romaine
Daffodil is spring blooming perennial plants of the Amaryllidaceae family. The plants are scapose, having a single central leafless hollow flower stem. Several green or blue-green, narrow, strap-shaped leaves arise from the bulb. The plant stem usually bears a solitary flower, but occasionally a cluster of flowers (umbel).
Flowers may be single or double, grow singly on a stem or with multiple flowers per stem, and height varies from 6 to 20 inches.
This trumpet shape contains the stamens and is the most conspicuous feature of the flower.
|Common Name ||Daffodil, Daffadowndilly, Narcissus, Jonquil|
|Height ||Up to 18 inches|
|Flower Colour ||Yellow, Orange|
|Bloom Time ||Spring|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- At the time of chilling, fruits do not keep near the bulbs
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season
Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am
You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector
You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season, flower bud stage
Mulch the potting mix with organic material
Daffodil Romaine care
- Sowing season of Daffodil bulb in the rainy, autumn, and early winter season
- Before sowing, you can keep the bulb in the refrigerator in a ventilated mesh bag for 2 to 3 weeks
- The highest chilling temperature is around 4 C
- Dig a hole about three times as deep as the height of the bulb
- Set the bulb in the hole, pointy end up, then cover with soil and press firmly
- Space bulbs 4 to 6 inches apart
- Water thoroughly after planting
- Use the potting mix for bulb plantation as Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1)
Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2)
|Sunlight ||Full sun to partial shade|
|Soil ||Sandy loam soil|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degrees C
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Daffodil Romaine special feature
Daffodil Romaine uses
- Daffodils bring cheer to the spring garden with abundant flowers
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do daffodil romaine grow?
On average daffodil romaine grows Up to 18 inches
What color are daffodil romaine ?
A daffodil romaine plant bears flowers of color Yellow, Orange
How hard is daffodil romaine to grow?
A daffodil romaine is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a daffodil romaine need?
A daffodil romaine prefers Full sun to partial shade
How much water does a daffodil romaine need?
A daffodil romaine prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a daffodil romaine need?
What temperature does a daffodil romaine like?
How should I fertilize my daffodil romaine ?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Sunday, 16 February 2020
Saturday, 23 November 2019
Shall we use it in hanging pots ?
Please log in to write a review. Log in