About Asiatic Lilies
These are great for forcing to bloom indoors. Flowers are mostly up-facing. Generally, it takes 90 to 100 days to bloom. Lilies are tall perennials ranging in height from 2 to 6 ft.
The flowers are large, often fragrant, and come in a wide range of colors including whites, yellows, oranges, pinks, reds, and purples. Markings include spots and brush strokes. Flowers are borne in racemes or umbels at the tip of the stem, with six tepals.
|Common Name ||Asiatic lily|
|Height ||Up to 18 cm (Bulb), 2 to 6 feet (Plant)|
|Flower Colour ||Mix color|
|Bloom Time ||Early Spring and sometimes into July|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Protect from hot sun and hot winds
It prefers a cooler, more sheltered position
Keep soil moist but do not allow wet feet, so the soil needs to be open and well drained
Lilies should be fertilized at least twice during their growing cycle
Fertilize your plants with a slow release food in the early Spring
Remove old flower heads once flowers fade to promote bulb growth
Asiatic Lilies care
- It should be planted in Fall/Spring
- A suitable soil proportion should be 2 parts sandy loam, 2 parts peat and 1 part sand
- Garden planting depth should be 6 to 8 inches and for container planting, depth should be 4 to 6 inches
- The spacing between 2 bulbs can be kept 6 to 8 inches
- Lilies need to be kept moist during their growing cycle and one way of conserving water is by mulching
|Sunlight ||Full sun, partial shade|
|Soil ||Well Drained, Healthy Loam|
|Temperature ||13 to 24 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||Spring or summer|
Asiatic Lilies special feature
Asiatic Lilies uses
- It is a particularly long life as a cut flower
- They are also perfect for container growing or landscape border plantings
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do asiatic lilies grow?
On average asiatic lilies grows Up to 18 cm (Bulb), 2 to 6 feet (Plant)
What color are asiatic lilies ?
A asiatic lilies plant bears flowers of color Mix color
How hard is asiatic lilies to grow?
A asiatic lilies is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a asiatic lilies need?
A asiatic lilies prefers Full sun, partial shade
How much water does a asiatic lilies need?
A asiatic lilies prefers watering Moderate
What kind of soil does a asiatic lilies need?
Well Drained, Healthy Loam
What temperature does a asiatic lilies like?
How should I fertilize my asiatic lilies ?
Use any organic fertilizer.
Sunday, 02 February 2020
Monday, 18 December 2017
when will you deliver if i order today.. because my last order reached in bits and parcels after 1 month
Friday, 15 December 2017
I recived dead plant
Please log in to write a review. Log in