About Golden Spider Lily
The bulb growing just below the surface of the ground, fleshy flower stalks sprout. The flowers of L. aurea are held in a circular truss. After the flowers fade, several somewhat fleshy broad leaves sprout from the bulb.
|Common Name ||Yellow spider lily, naked lily, surprise lily, golden hurricane lily|
|Height ||18 to 24 inches|
|Flower Colour ||Golden yellow|
|Bloom Time ||Fall|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Avoid keeping in the scorching sun
- After planting, water well for a few weeks until the roots are established
Apply a balanced fertilizer in the spring or flowering season
Remove dead and damaged plant parts
Reduce watering in the extreme winter
- Wait until the soil feels dry to touch
Golden Spider Lily care
- Keep planting depth up to 3 to 4 inches
Select a site that gets full sun
- For dependable blooms, lilies need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day
- If it is too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over
- Dig a hole deep and wide enough to accommodate the roots
- Firm the soil around the crown, pressing down with both hands
- Plant in the early spring or in the early fall
- Add organic compost to the soil before planting
- Space the bulbs 10 to 18 inches apart and 1 inch deep
Daylilies do very well when planted outdoors
- They are not fussy about soil, they can tolerate shade, and they are naturally resistant to insects
|Sunlight ||Full sun to partial shade|
|Watering ||Water lightly until top growth emerges, then average during the active growth cycle.|
|Soil ||Average Soil, Compost Enriched Garden Loam Soil|
|Temperature ||16 to 24 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer|
Golden Spider Lily special feature
Golden Spider Lily uses
- They are suitable for flower beds and pots as well
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do golden spider lily grow?
On average golden spider lily grows 18 to 24 inches
What color are golden spider lily?
A golden spider lily plant bears flowers of color Golden yellow
How hard is golden spider lily to grow?
A golden spider lily is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a golden spider lily need?
A golden spider lily prefers Full sun to partial shade
How much water does a golden spider lily need?
A golden spider lily prefers watering Water lightly until top growth emerges, then average during the active growth cycle.
What kind of soil does a golden spider lily need?
Average Soil, Compost Enriched Garden Loam Soil
What temperature does a golden spider lily like?
How should I fertilize my golden spider lily?
Use any organic fertilizer
Saturday, 11 April 2020
This is an awesome plant, i got 5 seeds (shape like taro corms) along with 5 seeds of Hymenocallis Speciosa. All 10 of it survived heavily, i forgot to provide compose and only water them timely. But later 3 seeds roted due to over watering and then i recall that i need to feed them compose. And now i have repotted them to save them. Check this video for details (https://youtu.be/TwVpW-R__B4)
Thursday, 23 January 2020
Friday, 25 August 2017
Hom much height it can grow ?
Please log in to write a review. Log in