With this purchase you will get:
Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii, Snake Plant Plant
4 inch (10 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
4.5 inch (11 cm) Ronda No. 1110 Round Plastic Planter (Yellow)
Description for Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii, Snake Plant
Plant height: 3 - 5 inches (7 - 13 cm)
Plant spread: 3 - 5 inches (7 - 13 cm)
Sansevieria trifasciata (also known as the Snake Plant or Mother-In-Law's Tongue) is one of the most popular and hardy species of houseplants belongs to the family Asparagaceae.Sansevieria trifasciata has broad strap-like, upright leaves that are dark green and marked with a pattern of wavy cross stripes in a lighter color. The striping gives it the common name of snake plant. Snake plant can survive low light levels, drought and have few insect problems. NASA research has even shown that snake plants are able to help keep the air inside home clean, removing toxins such as formaldehyde and benzene.
Common name(s): Snake plant, Mother-in-law tongue
Flower colours: Greenish white
Bloom time: Summer or autumn
Max reachable height: 2 to 3 ft
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Natural indirect / Direct Artificial bright Light. Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Initial (1 -2 weeks ) care once the plant reaches your place:
Sunlight: Bright indirect light
Soil: Well drained soil
Temperature: 12-29 degrees Celsius
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
- Protect the Snake plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Snake plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Snake plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Typical uses of Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii
Special features: Snake plant is an excellent air purifier plant.
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.
Tuesday, 18 February 2020
Do we have to replant it when this will be get delivered to us at home?
Wednesday, 29 January 2020
Plants are a great way to bring a little natural beauty indoors.
Wednesday, 27 November 2019
Came with good package. Nice thick stem and with wet coco peat but nothing came out of the pack. Got a healthy plant
Please log in to write a review. Log in