1 packet contains Alyssum Rosie O Day - 50 Seeds
Sweet alyssum flowers (Lobularia maritima syn. Alyssum maritimum) are useful in alpine rock gardens, borders, planters, hanging baskets, and dry zones. They are small plants that may get 3 to 6 inches (7.5 to 15 cm.) tall and produce clusters of tiny flowers in clumps.
The blooms come in pink, salmon, purple, white, and yellow. Flowers arise from June to October and can be encouraged to rebloom by cutting back spent floweÃ¢â€š ¹
This herbaceous plant in the mustard family (Brassicaeae) is commonly used as a bedding plant called alyssum or sweet alyssum and is widely available in market packs at nurseries and garden centers in the spring. The common name refers to the genus in which it was formerly classified.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Maximum Reachable Height
||June to October
||Easy to medium
Planting And Care :
- Germination from large, easily handled seeds is rapid, and blooms should appear within a few weeks of sowing
- When you water, allow the soil to dry somewhat between watering, then water well, then repeat the process
- Do not water from overhead
- Water at the base of the plant
||At least 5-6 hours of preferably morning sunlight a day is ideal for plant to grow well and natural indirect bright light for the rest of the day.
Before water poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
The soil should be well drained and fertile, rich in organic content for growing plant.
Grow well in pH range of 5.5 to 7
||20 to 35 degree C
||During the main growing season (June-July) feed the plant with organic fertilizer.
Alyssum Rosie O Day uses
- Use alyssum to lure aphids away from vegetable plants.
- Used for landscape or ornamental purpose.
- Lace a hanging basket near your homes entrance or next to the patio or deck where the sweet fragrance can be enjoyed up close.
- Sow seeds in between rows in the vegetable plot to help suppress weeds and attract insects that are essential for crop pollination.
- Plant as a ground cover around roses or taller plants for a season-long carpet of color.