Hyacinths bloom in early spring that fill the air with scent and drench the landscape in color.
Hyacinth Jan Bos is truly a dazzler and is known its fragrant pink color flowers. A dense spike of fragrant florets surrounded by green sword-like foliage that should be planted along walkways to maximize your enjoyment.
Hyacinths are hardy, deer resistant, very fragrant, and easy to grow in well-drained soil in full sun to partial shade.
||Common hyacinth, Garden hyacinth or Dutch hyacinth
||15 to 20 cm
||Easy to grow
Planting and care
- Protect container-grown plants from excessive winter moisture
- After plants are finished flowering in spring, cut back flower stalks but allow the leaves to die back naturally
- Hyacinth bulbs do not like to have wet feet, so make sure they are not watered too often
- Too much moisture can cause root rot
- Wear gloves when planting, as bulb dust may cause a harmless skin irritation
- Store the bulbs away from sunlight in a cool and dry area and check regularly
- Do not store bulbs for more time as they can loose their viability
Hyacinth Jan Bos care
- These bulbs are pre-treated and ready to sow
- Plant hyacinth bulbs in early winter
- Plant the bulbs in well-drained, moderately fertile soil in full sun or partial shade
- Before planting, loosen the soil and add compost in the soil to increase its fertility
- Plant the bulbs 7-10 cm deep and a minimum of 7 cm apart
- Set the bulb in the hole with the pointy end up
- After planting cover the bulb with soil and water thoroughly
- Use the potting mix for bulb plantation are in the ratio : 1
- Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1)
- Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2)
||Full Sun to partial shade.
||Well drained and fertile soil.
||20 to 30 degrees C
||Apply organic fertilizer in the soil before planting the bulbs.
||After plants are finished flowering in spring, cut back flower stalks but allow the leaves to die back naturally and then harvest the bulbs. Store the bulbs in dry and shady area.
Hyacinth Jan Bos special feature
Attractive and fragrant flowers.
Hyacinth Jan Bos uses
- Group or mass planted in beds, borders, rock gardens, long walks
- Effectively mixes with other spring flowering bulbs