** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Stachytarpheta ( Purple )
Stachytarpheta is a plant genus in the verbena family. The flowers are rich in nectar and popular with many butterflies, such as the South Asian crimson rose, Malabar banded swallowtail, and grass yellow and hummingbirds
Planting and care
Caring for Stachytarpheta
- This plant is similar to the Blue Porterweed (Stachytarpheta jamaicensis). Whether the two are same, is not clear.
- This plant produces deep velvety purple blooms continuously from spring to fall.
- Blooms appear in these approximate colours: Baby blue eyes. Leaves appear approximately as a Apple green.
- It is a flower and is treated mainly as an annual/perennial, so it can grow either as a single season or multiple season plant.
- Porterweed is known for its ground covering habit and growing to a height of approximately 60.96 cm (1.98 feet). This plant tends to be in bloom all year round.
- If you would like to attract butterflies and bees to your garden, consider growing this plant.
Typical uses of Stachytarpheta
Special features: This pest-free perennial blooms best during warm months. It is strange how these small blue flowers attract butterflies more than large-blooming, showy neighbors. Blue porter weed gradually reseeds nearby for a fresh batch of new plants.
Culinary use: leaves
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
Medicinal use: Introduction. Stachytarpheta jamaicensis (L.) Vahl belongs to the family of Verbenaceae and is commonly known as Gervao, Brazilian tea, verbena cimarrona, rooter comb, or blue porter weed. It is one of the important plants with high medicinal and nutraceutical benefits Note: The following information is general guidelines. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very nice plant to have.
Keep it away from harsh direct sunlight to prevent leaf burn.
Plant came securely packed.Plant is good, no brown leaves. Hope it grows well
This plant is one of the easiest to grow and requires no extra attention.
Super happy with this. The packaging was great and the plant itself is exactly what I wanted.
Any query about stachytarpheta ( purple ) - plant