With this purchase you will get:
Description for Duranta Golden
In the summer, cascading clusters of blue tubular flowers appear followed by wonderfully contrasting orange-yellow berries. This variegated form has creamy-yellow margins around the one inch long serrated leaves. In mild climates this plant can be in flower nearly year round with flowers and fruit appearing at the same time.
Planting and care
Dig holes or beds wide, not deep. Lightly amend heavy clay or sandy soils with organic matter.
Gently remove plants from containers, keeping the root ball intact. Loosen potting soil and roots around bottom and edges of root ball .
Level plant with surrounding soil, spreading roots outward. Fill roots around with lightly amended native soil.Water to settle soil around roots.Cover the area with leaf or bark mulch 1 - 3 inches thick but not piled up onto the plant stem/trunk.
Water deeply.Stake large shrubs or trees to prevent excess movement in strong winds.
Caring for Duranta Golden
- Slow -fertilizers help encourage prolific flowering and fruiting.
- It is important to water frequently while the plant is establishing.
- Water requirements after establishments are low, watering just enough to keep the soil moist and more during times of drought.
- Some renewal pruning is necessary to keep a nice shape.
- Duranta propagation is fairly easy using a piece of the woody limb (hardwood cutting) taken in the summer.
- Dip the end of 6-inch piece of limb into rooting compound and plant. Roots will establish fairly quickly.
- Seeds are also available and also seem to do well.
Typical uses of Duranta Golden
Ornamental use: It is an excellent plant to create contrast with its green hard white foliage and bluish flowers.
Perfect for all kinds of containers, including window boxes, hanging baskets and combination planters.
They may be used to liven porches and patios. Grow as a small tree in frost-free climates.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
IS this, an indoor plant ????
How often I need to water it?
What is Botanical name of this plant?
Suddenly all my house plants have started blooming and have lush foliage :)
Plant is in good health.. I m really happy with this little one.