Description for Bougainvillea (Red)
Bougainvillea plants need support to cover a wall, fence, or other area. Create rows of wire or string against the surface that you want covered. Tuck the bougainvillea branches behind these guidance supports at regular intervals. Keep a close eye on growth and adjust as necessary until the bougainvillea starts covering the wall or other surface.
Bougainvillea plants are a beloved addition to many gardens and walls Bougainvillea is a vine-like, thorny shrub that grows rampantly. It can be trained to climb trellises or be planted as an attractive but thornily impenetrable barrier, and it can also serve as a ground cover. Bougainvilleas have beautiful, brightly colored bracts, which are specialized leaves that contain the plant s flowers.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Bougainvillea are also known as buganvilla, bugambilia,veranera,Nicaragua.||Red||Bloom year round, Spring or Fall||They are thorny, woody vines growing anywhere from 1 to 12 m (3 to 40 ft.) tall||Easy|
Planting and care
These tropical climbers are suitable for large containers placed in the garden during summer but must be kept frost-free in winter.
|For the best results put your plants in full sun. If you want good blooming give them at least 5 hours a day of full sunlight as a minimum.||They thrive in almost any soil as long as it is well-drained and fertile. Soils that work for other plants you grow will be fine.||Medium||32 to 40 degrees C||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Caring for Bougainvillea
- Gardeners caring for bougainvillea in the garden dose not need to worry much about water once the plants mature.
- Irrigate only when the plants start to wilt and the soil is dry.
- The vines do need food. Fertilize your bougainvillea every month in spring and early summer.
- You will want to use a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer at half the normal dosage.
- Pruning is part of the work if you are caring for bougainvillea in the garden.
- Keep your eye out for dead wood and remove it as it appears.
- Save severe cut backs for a time after the bougainvillea has flowered.
- You can prune late in fall or very early in spring.
Typical uses of Bougainvillea
Special features: Bougainvillea plants need support to cover a wall, fence, or other area.Create rows of wire or string against the surface that you want covered. Tuck the bougainvillea branches behind these guidance supports at regular intervals. Keep a close eye on growth and adjust as necessary until the bougainvillea starts covering the wall or other surface.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Thank you so much... gifted to someone special and he likes it a lot
I have got a healthy plant with great packageing.Thanks to nurserylive to give me a great satisfaction.
Couldn t find it anywhere else.
I m really impressed with this plant properties.
I Bought this product and received quickly .Quality wise awesome