145Buy 1+1 Free
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Impatiens is a beautiful annual that makes an excellent house plant or summer bedding plant. It is also known as “Busy Lizzie” and its name is a Latin word that describes the way its seeds shoot out of its pods when ripe (the slightest touch can make a ripe impatiens seed pod burst open and scatter its seeds).
Impatiens like shade and moisture. Impatiens are versatile and colourful, and grow in shady areas where other flowers can’t.
Common name: Busy Lizzy, Patience Plant
Color: Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow
Bloom time: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer Fall, Summer
Height: Height : 9 - 11" (23 - 28cm)
Width : 13 - 15" (33 - 38cm)
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Plant impatiens transplants after the last spring frost in humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil. Make sure the plants have some shelter from the wind.
The closer impatiens plants are, the taller they will grow, so space accordingly (impatiens plants can grown anywhere between 6 and 30 inches tall). For flower beds, plant 8 to 12 inches apart so the plants will stay low to the ground.
You can mix in compost or a slow-release fertilizer before transplanting to help the plants.
If you have impatiens plants in containers, use a sterile or soil-less growing mixture to ensure better drainage for the plants.
Sunlight: Try to plant in a location that enjoys partial sun. Part Sun
Soil: Busy lizzy requires a loamy soil with a ph of 6.1 - 7.5 - it grows best in weakly acidic soil - weakly alkaline soil.
Water: Do not let dry out. Plants require plenty of water, especially with high temperatures.
Fertilizer: You can mix in compost or a slow-release fertilizer before transplanting to help the plants.
- Seeds need light to germinate.
- Cover seeds lightly with plastic or glass to keep in humidity but allow some airflow to prevent overheating the seeds.
- 3 Try to aim for a seed spacing of at least 11.
- 7 inches (30.
- 0 cm) and sow at a depth of around 0.
- 06 inches (0.
- 15 cm).
- Soil temperature should be kept higher than 15°C / 59°F to ensure good germination.
- By our calculations*, you should look at sowing Busy lizzy about 30 days before your last frost date .
Harvesting: To propagate: remove a stem and plant in moistened soil. Keep cutting watered until plant is established. Can also be rooted directly in water (Fun for kids to watch roots growing!) No need to cut below leaf node as roots will grow along all parts of stem in water or soil.
- The most important thing to remember about impatiens plants is to water them regularly.
- Keep them moist, but not too wet.
- If the plants dry out, they will lose their leaves.
- If you over-water the plants, this could encourage fungal diseases.
- Remember container plants will need more water.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
How to order this plant.
will u deliver this to my address.
Can we grow it like a climber on the gates?
Do yu have scented flpwer plants also?
Seeds for this plant are available with u?