Lycoris, Spider Lily ( Mix Colors ) - 4 bulbs - buy 1 get 1 free
Lycoris lily plants, referred to as the magic or surprise lily, is a fantastic group of nearly 20 known species of herbaceous perennial bulbs from China and Japan that are similar to the Nerines. Read on to learn about growing magic lilies in gardens.
Common name: Cluster Amaryllis, Hurricane Lily, Magic Lily, Spider Lily, Stone Garlic.
Color: White, red, pink, orange, yellow. Lily-like. Umbel; four to eight flowers.
Bloom time: Late summer through to autumn.
Height: 12 to 36 inches (30 to 90 cm).
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Similar to tulips, the Red Spider Lily (Lycoris radiata) does not produce seeds to start new plants. Instead, you ll be planting bulbs, with the optimal time to plant usually being spring, although you can plant the bulbs during the summer months.
Each bulb needs to be planted right side up. The more pointed end is considered the top. The bulb should be planted about three inches deep, or at a depth about three times the height of the bulb. The plant does well in most types of soil, however, it may be benefitial to add a small amount of bone meal fertilizer into the bottom of the hole before placing the bulb inside. Space bulbs at least eight inches apart.
Sunlight: Full sunlight or partial shade
Soil: Good drainage. Acidic to neutral soil. Rich soil, moist soil.
Water: Regular watering to maintain soil moisture.
Fertilizer: Requires a feed every two years; do this during the growing season.
- Usually grown from bulbs or vegetatively propagated plants as seed grown plants can take up to 12 years to bloom.
- Bulbs: 3 to 8 inches (8 to 20 cm) depending upon species.
- End of summer.
- Seeds: Cover.
- Late summer or autumn; use fresh seed.
- Seeds should first be sown into flats.
- Next sink the flat into the ground in an area that offers shade, preferably close to a wall that faces north.
- Provide a glass/plastic covering.
- Keep an eye on the flats to ensure that the soil remains moist and to check if seedlings have emerged.
- Transplant the seedlings to their final location at the start of autumn.
- Sow Inside: No.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
This flowering plant is really easy to grow.
Will seeds that sprout in their hull pop out of it?
After how many days it will flower.