(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Ridge gourd jaipur long
Growing luffa (sponge gourd) plants requires a certain amount of patience. It s not a typical garden plant. It grows for a longer time than most gourds. Sometimes the seeds can be slow to germinate. Luffa is a hot weather plant and growth slows in cool weather. The flowers appear over an extended period of time blooming sequentially as the vine progresses.
The vines can grow 30 feet(10 m) long over the course of a growing season. Once the fruits form it may take a long time to fully develop fibre and dry for harvest. Then the work of picking, peeling, and cleaning happens late in the year. Luffa requires about 150 to 200 or more warm frost free days, depending on the location and variety grown.
Planting and care
Luffa can also be grown in containers around 5-gallon size. Containers must have good drainage and cant be moved once the vines attach tendrils to other objects.
A small pot starter trellis can be used in the container until it is permanently located.
Feed every 2 weeks with a liquid fertilizer or comfrey tea fertilizer.
Caring for Ridge gourd jaipur long
- Caring for luffa is very similar to caring for cucumbers or melons. Keep plants moist, but not saturated, and provide sturdy support for best results as part of your luffa plant care.
- Once the plants begin to grow, you can remove all the first flowers, any male flowers and the first four lateral branches. This will result in stronger fruit.
- Remove luffa fruit from the vine before the first frost.
- Follow instructions for cleaning and preparing the fruit, depending on how it will be used.
Summer, rainy, winter
Typical uses of Ridge gourd jaipur long
Special features: Ridge gourd is required low investment and it can be grown year long with high yields in short duration period.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: Excellent blood purifier, Possessing laxative properties, Beneficial for diabetes, Ridge gourd is extremely rich in dietary fibre, Aiding in weight loss, Anti-inflammatory and antibiotic
Note: Use only after consulting specialist.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments