55Buy 1+1 Free
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|10 Lakh Happy Customers|
Description for Turnip purple top
This annual vegetable shows a height up to 1 to 3 inches. The roots are smooth and nearly round with purple color on top.
Planting and care
Start in the spring and again in late summer. Prepare 8 inches bed. Sow a half an inch to 1 inch deep and half a foot apart. Press lightly and keep evenly moist. Seedlings may emerge in 7-14 days. Sow them when the temperature is 60 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
Caring for Turnip purple top
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered.
- Monitor for pests and diseases and apply an organic solution at first.
- Mulch heavily in the fall to keep the ground soft.
For turnip greens, pick 4 weeks after sowing.
Typical uses of Turnip purple top
Special features: The color of a vegetable
Culinary use: Young leaves used to make the classic cooked southern greens. The seedlings are also delicious on top of sandwiches or salads.
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: It contains the good amount of vitamin C.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments