55Buy 1+1 Free
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Coriander kalmi
Coriander is a fast-growing, aromatic herb that grows in the cooler weather of spring and fall. Coriander seed is technically a fruit containing two seeds in it.
Planting and care
You can soak the seeds before sowing. It is best to choose a sunny site that will allow cilantro to self-seed as it is ought to do. Plant the seeds in light, well-drained soil and space them 1 to 2 inches apart. Sow the seeds at 3-week intervals for continued harvest. Space rows about 12 inches apart. It is important to keep the seeds moist during their germination, so remember to water the plants regularly. The seeds will start germinating in 1 to 2 weeks.
Caring for Coriander kalmi
- Mulch To help prevent weeds, mulch around the plants as soon as they are visible above the soil.
- You can also till shallowly to help prevent root damage from weeds.
- Water the seedlings regularly throughout the growing season.
- They require about 1 inch of water per week for best growth.
- Thin seedlings to 6 inches apart so that they have room to develop healthy leaves.
- Once the plants are established, they do not need as much water per week. Keep them moist, but be careful not to overwater them.
- Fertilize once or twice during the growing season with nitrogen fertilizer.
- Apply one-fourth cup of fertilizer per 25 feet of row.
- Be sure not to over-fertilize the plants.
Keep picking mature leaves as and when you need them. Regular cropping should delay flowering. Once the plants do flower, allow them to set seed. The seed is ripe when it stops smelling unpleasant. Collect it and use in cooking, keeping some to sow for another crop.
Typical uses of Coriander kalmi
Special features: It adds flavor to the food.
Culinary use: All parts of the plant - roots, stems, leaves, and seeds - can be used in cooking. Native to the Mediterranean and western Asia, coriander is an essential ingredient in many countries. This herb is used to flavor many recipes and the entire plant is edible.
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: Lowers cholesterol, Bowel movements, Good for diabetes, Good for skin.
Note: Please consult your health expert.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments