1 packet contains Cabbage approximately 35 seeds.
** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Chinese cabbage green
Cabbage (Brassica oleracea or variants) is a leafy green biennial plant, grown as an annual vegetable crop for its dense-leaved heads.
Closely related to other cole crops, such as broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts, it descends from B. oleracea var. oleracea, a wild field cabbage.
Cabbage heads generally range from 1 to 8 pounds (0.5 to 4 kg) and can be green, purple and white. Smooth-leafed firm-headed green cabbages are the most common, with smooth-leafed red and crinkle-leafed savoy cabbages of both colours seen more rarely.
This cool-season crop grows best when daytime temperatures are in the 60s F. Direct-seed or transplant spring crops for fresh use in summer. Plant fall crops for winter storage or sauerkraut. Lifecycle: annual
Ease-of-care: moderately difficult, Requires good soil, timely planting and protection from pests.
Planting and care
The planting season for cabbage is quite long. Early cabbage should be transplanted as soon as possible so that it can mature before summertime heat. If you have been wondering when to plant cabbage plants, you should know that several varieties are available at different maturity times so you can have a harvest all summer long.
When thinking about when to plant cabbage plants, you should remember that hardened plants can be very tolerant of frosts. Therefore, you can plant these early in the spring with other cool season vegetables. Late cabbage can be started during mid-summer, but remember that they wonâ€™t develop ahead until fall.
Caring for Chinese cabbage green
- When transplants reach 5 inches tall, thin to make sure they are still the desired length apart.
- Fertilize 3 weeks after transplanting.
- Keep soil moist with mulch and water 2 inches per week..
- To prepare the soil, till in aged manure or compost.
- Transplant outdoors 2 to 3 weeks before the last expected frost date. Choose a cloudy afternoon.
- Plant 12 to 24 inches apart in rows, depending on the size of head desired. The closer you plant, the smaller the heads.
- Mulch thickly to retain moisture and regulate soil temperature.
- Practice crop rotation with cabbage year to year to avoid a build-up of soil-borne diseases.
- Cabbage can be grown near beans and cucumbers.
50 to 80 after sowing.
Typical uses of Chinese cabbage green
Special features: Chinese cabbage is winter season biannual vegetable.
- Cabbage is prepared and consumed in many ways. The simplest options include eating the vegetable raw or steaming it, though many cuisines pickle, stew, sautÃ©e or braise cabbage.
- Pickling is one of the most popular ways of preserving cabbage, creating dishes such as sauerkraut and kimchee, although kimchee is more often made from Chinese cabbage.
- Savoy cabbages are usually used in salads, while smooth-leaf types are utilized for both market sales and processing. Bean curd and cabbage is a staple of Chinese cooking, while the British dish bubble and squeak are made primarily with salt beef and boiled cabbage.
Ornamental use: NA
- Cabbage is a good source of beta-carotene, vitamin C and fibre.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about 1+1 chinese cabbage green - desi seeds