Description for Celery tall
Celery will not tolerate heat and can be hard to transplant. Summer crops in the north and winter crops in the south make celery a year-round producer. All the work is worth it when you harvest crunchy, green stalks.
Planting and care
Because a celery plant has such a long maturity time, unless you live in a location with long growing seasons, you need to start celery seeds indoors at least 8 â€“ 10 weeks before the last frost date for your area.
Caring for Celery tall
- Celery is a heavy feeder. It also requires lots of water. Make sure to provide plenty of water during the entire growing season, especially during hot, dry weather.
- If celery does not get enough water, the stalks will be dry, and small.
- Add plenty of compost and mulch around the plants to retain moisture.
- Fertilize regularly. Add mulch as needed, to help retain soil moisture and add nutrients.
- Tie growing celery stalks together to keep them from sprawling.
- The parts of celery that are harvested are mainly the stalks, which will be above ground. Harvest stalks from the outside in.
Typical uses of Celery tall
There is not much flavour difference between the home grown variety and the store bought variety so most gardeners grow a celery plant purely for the challenge it poses.
vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6.
- It is a popular addition to salads and many cooked dishes. Add celery leaves and sliced celery stalks to soups, stews, casseroles, and healthy stir fries.
Ornamental use: NA
Celery is an excellent source of vitamin K and molybdenum. It is a very good source of folate, potassium, dietary fiber, manganese, and pantothenic acid. Celery is also a good source of vitamin B2, copper, vitamin C, vitamin B6, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids).
- 1. Helps Lower High Cholesterol
- 2. Lowers Inflammation
- 3. Helps Prevent or Treat High Blood Pressure
- 4. Helps Prevent Ulcers
- 5. Protects Liver Health
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about 1+1 celery tall - desi seeds