Mango Alphonso, Aam Hapus (Grafted) - Plant
Description for Mango Alphonso, Aam Hapus (Grafted)
It has considerable shelf life of a week after it is ripe making it exportable. It is also one of the most expensive kinds of mango and is grown mainly in western india.Mango is the leading fruit crop of India and considered to be the king of fruits.
The tropical fruit is called the "King of Fruits" in India. The tree has been around for more than 4000 years in India and was taken to South America by the Portugese, other parts of South Asia by Indians and to other tropical regions by others.
There are about 35 species of Mango and most of them grow to a height of 10 to 40 m.In addition to providing a delicious fruit, the unripe mango is used in curries, chutneys and salads, and the seed kernels, seed fat, bark, gum and the wood are useful.
There are several species of mango trees, and variations in the fruit. In order to grow a tree, choose the species you would like to grow. A mango tree needs an ideal climate to grow. It is a tropical fruit, and needs a lot of sun to grow and bear fruit.
The Alphonso Mango cultivar is considered by many to be one of the best in sweetness that will have you licking your fingers and wanting more, a flavor that will keep your taste buds drooling for more and an aromatic scent that will awaken every sense of smell in your mind .
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Hapus aam.,Alphanso aam , amba ,mango||Yellowish, Redish||Feb to March||10 to 80 ft.||Easy.|
Planting and care
Choose the sunniest spot in your garden and dig a 12-inch deep hole. If the plant is slightly bigger, then dig a slightly deeper hole. Also, prepare the soil with fertilizers and plant feed before planting the tree. Plant the tree deep and then pack the soil. However, make sure that the soil is loosely packed to enhance water absorption.
|Full sun.||Mango can be grown in wide range of soils provided they are deep (minimum 6 ) and well drained. It prefers slightly acidic soils (pH 5.5 to 7.5).||In the initial days, you have to water the plant thoroughly and after a few days water it regularly.||Warm.||Don t use chemical fertilizers on newly planted mango trees for the first two years. After this time you may give regular applications of nitrogen fertilizer to promote healthy growth flushes and flower production.|
Caring for Mango Alphonso
- Spray the mango tree on a cloudy day in early January to avoid sun scorch; alternatively, spray before 9 a.m. or after 4 p.m. when the sun is less hot.
- Avoid days when rain is likely; the tree should be dry at the time of spraying and stay dry for the remainder of the day.
- Use the spray only on healthy mango trees at least 10 years old with maturing leaves.
- Pour 7 gallons of water into a large pump sprayer.
- Add 1 pound of potassium nitrate and blend thoroughly.
- Start at the top of the tree and work your way down, spraying both sides of each leaf as well as branches and trunk.
- Spray thoroughly, but do not over-wet the foliage so that drips fall to the ground.
- Spray a second time two days after the first spray to hasten budding.
- Use the same potassium nitrate solution and the same procedures.
- Check the tree in about 12 days after spraying for buds, although budding can take up to three weeks.
- The flowers open fully a week after budding and you can expect to harvest your fruit in about 5 months.
- Repeat the process in May or June after the flowering and fruiting cycle is over.
- Some mango trees treated with potassium nitrate off-season will flower six weeks later, yielding a second crop in the same calendar year.
Typical uses of Mango Alphonso
Culinary use: Mango fruit is utilised at all stages of its development both in its immature and mature state. Raw fruits are used for making chutney, pickles and juices. The ripe fruits besides being used for desert are also utilised for preparing several products like squashes, syrups, nectars, jams and jellies. The mango kernel also contains 8-10 percent good quality fat which can be used for soap and also as a substitute for cola in confectionery.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
can I grow absolutely indoor or outdoor? or partly indoor or outdoor?
Air Purifying Indoor Plant.
Buy this just 2 weeks ago .and its growing very nice