|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Kaju
It is a small evergreen tree growing to 10 to 12 m tall, with a short, often irregularly-shaped trunk. The leaves are spirally arranged, leathery textured, elliptic to obovate.
The flowers are produced in a panicle or corymb up to 26 cm long, each flower small, pale green at first then turning reddish, with five slender, acute petals. Actually, the drupe develops first on the tree, and then the peduncle expands into the pseudofruit. Within the true fruit is a single seed, the cashew nut. Although a nut in the culinary sense, in the botanical sense the fruit of the cashew is a seed.
Planting and care
While the cashew plant is native to northeast Brazil, the Portuguese took it to Goa, India, between 1560 and 1565. From there it spread throughout Southeast Asia and eventually Africa. It is now widely grown in tropical climates for its cashew nuts.
Caring for Kaju
- Cashews grow best in sandy soils, but sandy soils do not hold much water and are generally not very fertile. The trees will still do fine without additional attention.
- However, if a good crop is important to you then you need to supply your cashew trees with additional water and fertilizer.
- Irrigate during dry periods, and fertilize the trees when they actively grow, as well as during flowering and nut development. (They will mainly need nitrogen and phosphorus, and possibly zinc.)
Typical uses of Kaju
Special features: The cashew apple looks very attractive with its red cheeks. It s high in Vitamin C, refreshing, very juicy, but a bit acidic. And it leaves a furry feeling in your mouth.
Culinary use: Fruits and seeds are edible
Ornamental use: Flowers are showy
Medicinal use: Nutritious
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I love nature and I love plants and care them
Some leaves are green and some leaves are greenish yellow but anyway it looks great!
Good one.. Good plant growth & good packing...
Came with good package. Nice thick stem and with wet coco peat but nothing came out of the pack. Got a healthy plant
Plant reached in excellent condition along with promised pot