With this purchase you will get:
Description for Lemonia Varigated
If you want to add ornamental interest to your garden, a variegated pink lemon tree (Citrus limon, "Eureka Variegated Pink") can do the trick. In addition to its glossy, green and cream-coloured foliage and its white blooms and fragrance, this tree grows pink-fleshed fruit.
The immature lemons have green-striped skin and as they mature, they turn yellow. Variegated pink lemon trees can grow up to 15 feet tall in the garden and slightly shorter if you grow them in a container.
Planting and care
This large vigorous lemon makes a fine small scale shade tree or an accent with high degree of fragrance and fruit colour. Grow in a citrus orchard or insert into existing landscape. Great long range focal point or position to screen off undesirable land uses with it s evergreen foliage.
Caring for Lemonia Varigated
- When removing the tree from the container, keep the root ball intact.
- Plant the tree at the same depth as it was in the nursery container, or about 1 inch higher.
- If you re growing it in a container, use a 16-inch diameter pot with drainage holes.
- Water the tree deeply as soon as you plant it.
- Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system.
- Watering can be reduced after establishment.
- Feed with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring.
- Pruning time: winter.
Typical uses of Lemonia Varigated
Special features: Oddly enough, the Romans did obtain citrus, probably the citron and grew them in Sicily and Naples. This is documented that fruit was sent as a tribute to the Normans in 1003 AD.
Culinary use: Produces abundance of juicy, market-quality lemons year round. Evergreen.
Ornamental use: Excellent patio or container plant! Attractive sparkling variegated leaves and pinkish new growth backs bright yellow fruit.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments