249+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Salvia Splendens (Purple)
It is a good nectar plant for hummingbirds, butterflies and bees, and birds eat the seeds of some species.
Some varieties, such as culinary sage, are edible to humans as well.
Each species may have slightly different requirements, but basic good care will go a long way to keeping your salvia healthy and beautiful.
Bi colours are also available, with red, rose or salmon coloured flowers with white tips.
Planting and care
Plant in average or enriched soil and fertilize as needed.
Over a long season, flowers will drop, leaving a ragged spike. When this happens, cut the plant back. New growth emerges refreshed.
Snails and slugs find salvia to be a delicious treat, especially in moist conditions and when the plants are mulched.
In areas with very hot summers- partial shade, especially in the afternoon, reduces stress.
Caring for Salvia Splendens
- Most salvia like lots of sunlight, although a few species tolerate very light shade.
- If your garden does not have adequate drainage, mix stones, gravel or lava rock into the bottom of the hole when you plant your salvia.
- Using a trowel, dig a hole as deep and twice as wide as the pot the salvia transplant is in.
- Loosen the roots of the salvia, spread them out in the hole, and backfill with soil mixed with compost.
- Be sure to water the young plants regularly until they are fully grown so that they don t dry out.
- Prune the heavier, woody stems every spring.
Typical uses of Salvia Splendens
Special features: Salvias are prolific and durable bloomers. They are not bothered by pests.
Ornamental use: There are many fine ornamental perennials in this genus and several bedding plants used as annuals.
Medicinal use: Sage is an excellent natural disinfectant and deodorizer, drying perspiration and helping to eliminate body odor.
Extracts of sage are used in personal skin care for its capacity to heal the skin as well.
Sage is a well regarded herb for women and can be especially helpful for relieving the hot flashes of menopause, and slowing heavy menstrual bleeding.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very much happy with the product and service.
Beautiful healthy plants delivered straight to the doorstep.
Online Plants sell the Super Model of plants!
Very happy with product. All the leaves were green and fresh. A very nice product in such a affordable price
what are the dimensions of the pot?