With this purchase you will get:
Description for Miniature Rose, Button Rose (Dark Pink)
Rosa is a genus of about 150 species of deciduous (occasionally evergreen) shrubs and climbers noted for their beautiful, often fragrant, single, semidouble or double flowers which are borne singly or in clusters on often prickly stems clad with 5-9 leaflets often having toothed margins.
Planting and care
Well-drained sandy loam with pH of 6-7 is suitable. Bright sunshine for a minimum of 6 hours is essential for the cultivation of roses. Apply fertilizers with little or no nitrogen content later into fall. Organic fertilizers include manure, compost, or other plant and animal products. After pruning in October and again in July the plants are manured with FYM 10 kg and 6:12:12 g of NPK per plant.
Caring for Miniature Rose
- Dig a hole the same depth as the pot the rose came in and about a foot wider.
- Carefully remove the rose from the pot and gently loosen the roots. If the plant is tightly root bound, use a sharp knife to score the sides of the root ball and try again to loosen the roots.
- Add some organic matter to the soil in the hole, if needed.
- Place the rose bush in the center of the hole, with the roots spread out.
- Thoroughly water the newly planted bush and then apply a layer of mulch.
Typical uses of Miniature Rose
Special features: Roses have a mild tea fragrance. Deep green foliage. Also may be grown as a self-supporting shrub.
Culinary use: Rose hips are occasionally made into jam, jelly, marmalade, and soup or are brewed for tea, primarily for their high vitamin C content. They are also pressed and filtered to make rose hip syrup. Rose petals or flower buds are sometimes used to flavor ordinary tea or combined with other herbs to make herbal teas.
Ornamental use: It is used for the ornamental plant.
Medicinal use: The rose hip, usually, is used as a minor source of Vitamin C. The fruits of many species have significant levels of vitamins and have been used as a food supplement. Many roses have been used in herbal and folk medicines. Some species have been used for stomach problems, and are being investigated for controlling cancer growth.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about miniature rose, button rose (dark pink) - plant