** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Sabah Snake Grass, Clinacanthus nutans
Clinacanthus nutans is a tall, erect herbaceous perennial that can sometimes become a rambling shrub, growing up to 10 feet. It is a scandent shrub, with upright branches drooping over. Foliage is simple with stalked leaves 4-12 cm long by 1-4 cm wide. The flowers are up to 4 cm long, with a green base, borne in dense terminal racemes followed by brown fruits.
Planting and care
Natural habitats are forests and thickets at low elevations. It can be propagated by seed or stem cutting. Prepare soil mixture with the ordinary garden soil/loamy soil and organic fertilizers. You can add some river sand. Re-pot when a plant starts to grow drastically.
Caring for Sabah Snake Grass
- You can apply fruit peel, vegetable leaves, used ground coffee, used tea leaves, and water from washing rice grains as an organic fertilizer.
- Water twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Avoid very hot weather or heavy rains.
- The watering should not be directly onto the leaves to avoid damage that could produce brown spots on leaves.
Harvest leaves when they fully grew.
Typical uses of Sabah Snake Grass
Special features: Edible leaves
Culinary use: The young leaves are eaten as a vegetable.
Ornamental use: It is sometimes cultivated as a hedge plant.
Medicinal use: The plant is commonly used in the folk medicine of China and Asia.
- Dictionary of Economic Plants
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about sabah snake grass, clinacanthus nutans - plant