** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Cryptanthus tiger, Earthstar tiger lily
Interesting Fact: Cryptanthus are more commonly known as Earth Stars, a name they received because of the shape of their foliage.
The plants have low-spreading rosettes of six to 20 leaves. Cryptanthus have incredibly varied and beautiful foliage ranging from dark green and variegated to bright reds and pinks to silvery stripes.
Planting and care
Cryptanthus tiger is propagating by separating the offsets. Use the potting mix as the soil, vermicompost, and coco peat 1:1:1. After planting, watering should be done as sprinkler manner.
Caring for Cryptanthus tiger
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Cryptanthus tiger
Special features: Leaves color and plant shape
Ornamental use: They are excellent plants for terrariums.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about cryptanthus tiger, earthstar tiger lily- plant