(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Brahmi, Gotu Kola, Mandukaprani, Sarswati
Centella asiatica, commonly known as centella and gotu kola, is a small, herbaceous, annual plant of the family Mackinlayaceae or subfamily Mackinlayoideae of family Apiaceae, and is native to wetlands in Asia.
It is used as a medicinal herb in Ayurvedic medicine, traditional African medicine, and traditional Chinese medicine. It is also known as the Asiatic pennywort or Indian pennywort in English, among various other names in other languages.
It has long-stalked, green, rounded apices which have smooth texture with palmately netted veins. The leaves are borne on pericladial petioles, around 2 cm. The rootstock consists of rhizomes, growing vertically down. They are creamish in color and covered with root hairs.
Planting and care
Caring for Brahmi
- Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) is a well known herb traditionally used in the treatment of skin damage as well as for circulatory enhancement. This is a specialized extraction employed for the concentration of the active constituents for enhanced therapeutic benefits to the skin.
- Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) has been shown to have many healing attributes acting as a general tonic for overall skin and circulatory health. When applied topically it s been shown to speed the healing of damaged tissues and to minimize scarring.
- Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) is rich in saponins which are well known for their beneficial connective tissue impact where they stimulate skin repair and strengthen hair and nails. This activity is dramatic enough to improve the look of cellulite and other skin imperfections.
Typical uses of Brahmi
Special features: The flowers are white or pinkish to red in color, born in small, rounded bunches (umbels) near the surface of the soil. Each flower is partly enclosed in two green bracts. The hermaphrodite flowers are minute in size (less than 3 mm), with 5-6 corolla lobes per flower.
Each flower bears five stamens and two styles. The fruit are densely reticulate, distinguishing it from species of Hydrocotyle which have smooth, ribbed or warty fruit. The crop matures in three months, and the whole plant, including the roots, is harvested manually.
Culinary use: Centella is used as a leafy green in Sri Lankan cuisine, being the most predominant of all locally available leafy greens, where it is called gotu kola.
It is one of the constituents of the Indian summer drink thandaayyee.
Centella is widely used in various Indian Regional cuisines. It is known as vallarai in Tamil. It is an important component of unave marunthu concept which translates to food is medicine.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
Medicinal use: According to the American Cancer Society, although centella is promoted for its health benefits, "available scientific evidence does not support claims of its effectiveness for treating cancer or any other disease in humans".
However some research has shown a possible health benefit in the form of reduction of the progression of subclinical arterial lesions in low-risk asymptomatic subjects. Note: The following information is general guidelines. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines.
- http://www.plantsguru.com/brahmi-gotu-kola http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Centella_Asiatica_Gotu_Kola_/1374/
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
As good as shown in the website, plant is healthy. Packing was awesome.
Amazed to see this plant.
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
This Exotic Plant looks so beautiful.
Attractive plants for pot culture