|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Variegated Jade Plant, Crassula ovata
Crassula ovata, commonly called jade plant, is a popular branched succulent indoor shrub. As it matures, its trunk-like succulent stems often take on the appearance of a miniature tree. Oblong, fleshy, shiny, evergreen leaves. Leaves may acquire red tints when grown in direct sun. The jade plant is an evergreen with thick, shiny, smooth leaves.
Although becoming brown and appearing woody with age, stems never become true lignified tissue, remaining succulent and fleshy throughout the plant's life.
Planting and care
Crassula ovata flourishes when provided with plenty of sunlight. However, 4-6 hours of sunlight is also sufficient for it. It requires well-drained sandy to loamy soil. Make sure it is well drained and water is not getting logged in the pot. Feed any organic fertilizer once in a week or two in diluted form.
In wild jade plant main method of propagation is reproduction. Branches regularly fall off from wild jade plants and these branches may root and form new plants. Environmental factors such as temperature and humidity affect the speed at which the roots and new plant develop. Foliage usually appears soon after new roots have formed.
Caring for Variegated Jade Plant
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Variegated Jade Plant
Special features: The jade plant is well known for its bonsai capabilities since it forms a bonsai very easily when pruning is done correctly.
Culinary use: The Khoi and other Africans used the roots for food, grated and cooked, eaten with thick milk.
Ornamental use: It is excellent as a houseplant for bright light areas and can be used as a potted plant or directly planted in the ground.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments