- Best plant for low light condition.
- Low maintenance plant.
What makes it special:
Best air purifier indoor plant.
399+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Philodendron selloum (Golden)
Philodendron selloum (Golden) is a perennial bushy plant. It is a tropical plant with large, showy leaves that is grown as a houseplant in temperate climates. It can tolerate deep shade but prefers bright, indirect light and moist soil.It can produce aerial roots that absorb water and nutrients. It can also remove harmful toxins from air.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Philodendron selloum
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor with bright indirect natural light or bright indirect artifical light.
- Protect the Philodendron plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Philodendron plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Philodendron plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Application of Fertilizer
For re-potting procedure click here
Typical uses of Philodendron selloum
Special features: Excellent air purifier plant.
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
i was satisfied .good packing ,but the leaf was damaged.so i gived 4 stars
This plant is exactly what I wanted.
M vry hapy wid d plants..... its so b ful ...... just want to know how often have to sprinkle water in it..
can you supply marble or terracotta rectangular pot?
Do we have to replant it when this will be get delivered to us at home?