399+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Chamaedorea Metallica Palm, Miniature Fishtail Palm
Chamaedorea metallica, is native to Mexico. This palm has a foliage with a dark metallic blue-green sheen hence the common name Metallica Palm. This palm is usually planted in a group of two or three. This is slow growing small palm that is perfect for small landscapes. It can also tolerate low lights making it perfect for indoors.
Planting and care
Metallic palm thrives in moist, humus rich soil and is tolerant of alkaline limestone soils. Naturally undemanding for nutrients, metallic palm responds very well to regular applications of palm fertilizer.
Metallic palm grows naturally in the understory of dense forests, and is tolerant of deep shade and low light conditions.
Caring for Chamaedorea Metallica Palm
- Palms grow best when you let their roots fill the pot.
- They need soil-based potting compost and should not be repotted unnecessarily.
- They are sensitive to chemicals and will be damaged if you expose them to aerosol sprays.
- If you need to treat them with insecticides, be sure what you use is suitable for a palm.
Typical uses of Chamaedorea Metallica Palm
Special features: Palms tend to lend themselves to creating shadows and reflections. You can stand a palm in an alcove that is lined with a mirror and create stunning effects. If you put one on each side of a fireplace, itâ€™s even doubly stunning. The shadows cast by the palmâ€™s fronds can pattern a plain wall. Spotlights can create good strong light for bold shadows.
These are quite dramatic. Donâ€™t position spotlights too closely because this generates too much heat for the palm to withstand. Finally, lighting the plant from below can cast shadows onto opposite walls and even the ceiling.
Ornamental use: This plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/palms/growing-palms-indoors.htm http://houseplants.about.com/od/pickingahouseplan1/a/PalmBasics.htm
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
What are other names of this plant?
Where did you get the round plant stands with the feet on them?
Awesome packing for live plant.?
Wow nice plants and delivered in great condition..
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more