399+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|10 Lakh Happy Customers|
Description for Ornamental Orange (Green Leaves)
Citrus trees grown as ornamental container plants may take up to five years to produce fruit. Container-grown ornamental orange trees are usually the dwarf varieties which grow to a height of 2 to 6 feet.
Limited root space has the effect of stunting tree growth even if it is a standard variety. Citrus trees are damaged at frost temperature but can be grown in wintertime indoors.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Ornamental Orange||-||Annual||2-6 feet.||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
|Provide direct sunlight for at least several hours daily. Move the plants outdoors for a few hours daily in the spring, increasing the time outdoors until the tree can stay outdoors for the summer. Bring the tree indoors in the fall.||A mixture of 1 part each potting soil, organic compost and per-lite or vermiculite.||Water the tree as needed to keep the soil moist but not wet. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering.||Capable of withstanding temperatures as low as 20 degrees Fahrenheit, but prefers warmer temperatures of at least 55 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.||Fertilize your calamondin orange with a citrus formula or a slow-release formula specifically for acid loving plants during the growing season. Dilute the fertilizer to half the recommended strength during the winter months.|
Caring for Ornamental Orange
- Pot the tree in a large container filled with a mixture of 1 part each potting soil, organic compost and per-lite or vermiculite.
- Give the tree plenty of room to spread out and establish a healthy root system. Replant container plants every few years to prevent roots from becoming root bound.
- Water the tree as needed to keep the soil moist but not wetAllow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering.
- Provide direct sunlight for at least several hours daily. Move the plants outdoors for a few hours daily in the spring, increasing the time outdoors until the tree can stay outdoors for the summer. Bring the tree indoors in the fall, before the first cold snap. Decrease the time outdoors slowly until the tree is acclimated to staying indoors.
- Fertilize your calamondin orange with a citrus formula or a slow-release formula specifically for acid loving plants during the growing season.
- Dilute the fertilizer to half the recommended strength during the winter months.
- Inspect the foliage regularly and before bringing the tree in for the fall. Treat insect infestations chemically, following the directions on the package.
- Prune your calamondin orange tree only as needed to remove dead or diseased branches. Pinch back water sprouts or spurs that grow from the trunk or roots.
Typical uses of Ornamental Orange
Culinary use: These oranges are tart, to say the least. Sample one for sourness before using any in cooking. You can use them in place of lemons in a recipe.
Ornamental use: There is no hurry to pick calamondins. They re long-lasting, so you can enjoy them for months on the tree.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Are the fruits of Ornamental orange are sweet or sour in taste ,please reply .Thanks firstname.lastname@example.org 9437012712
I buy last month ornamental orange plant.it is received good condition.it recived lot of flowers and small fruits.all now all r grow big.i like very much.thx nurserylive
Its been a month I bought this plant. It came with very few broken leaves but its growing fast now. Very happy with this one.
It came well packed and is exactly how they show it
It s lovely. The plant was carefully packed and seems to be genuine plant. I m happy with my purchase.