With this purchase you will get:
Description for Money Plant, Scindapsus (Green)
Interesting Fact:This plant is also known as Devils vine as the plant is hard or nearly impossible to kill.
Epipremnum aureum is the scientific name of this plant. Scindapsus aureus is an indoor climbing, hanging, or trailing plant. It is a striking plant with fleshy, gold-splashed, green foliage which is typically heart-shaped, but often oval. There are plain green leaved varieties from which this particular plant was parented.They rarely flower when grown as indoor plants.
Planting and care
You can plant it anytime and in any season with great ease. You just have to cut a stem from a parent plant and plant it where ever you want. You can plant it anywhere whether in soil or in water. You can plant it in your garden as well as in your house. The best part about this plant is that you can plant it just by cutting a part of already grown money plant.
Just cut the stem of already grown money plant and plant it in soil. Cut the fresh stem from the growth tip. If you are planting it in soil then make a hole in the soil and plant it. If you are planting it as indoor plant in a glass jar or bottle and you want to plant it in water then fill the bottle more than half and plant it.
Caring for Money Plant
- If you plant it in a pot then ensure that pot should have proper drainage system otherwise roots of money plants will be damaged by excessive water.
- Wooden or plastic pole warp with husk is suitable for climbing the plant up and foster faster growth.
- Tie the stems as it grows up, till it reaches the top progressively.
- You can also use coir ropes to wrap around plastic or glass poles which will give enough support for the plant to grow up.
- Trim by cutting away dead or overgrown branches or stems of the money plant.
Typical uses of Money Plant
Special features: Foliage
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: You can grow this as an indoor or outdoor plant. Keep a stem of money plant in a bottle of water and decorate indoor or outdoor.
Medicinal use: Able to clear formaldehyde from the air, it is a beneficial plant to have in your living room or as a hanging plant, as the leaves will grow down in cascading vines.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I like the plant, this is the only plant survive 7 days in traffic and after 2 days it becomes healthier again.
Very nice plant to have.
Is it a live plant?
Love how cute the plant is..
Looking Good ....survived!!!!!!