With this purchase you will get:
Description for Shevanti, Chrysanthemum (White, Pink)
Each Chrysanthemum flower head is actually a cluster of many flowers, composed of a central group of short disk flowers surrounded by rings of longer ray flowers.
Chrysanthemums are classified into nine categories according to the type and arrangement of disk and ray flowers - Incurved, Reflexed, Intermediate, Late Flowering Anemones, Singles, Pompons, Sprays, Spiders/Spoons/Quills, Charms and Cascades.
For example, the reflexed Chrysanthemum consists of ray flowers that curve downward into an umbrella shape; the quill has tubular ray flowers that radiate from the center of the head.
Planting and care
Chrysanthemums are not specific to any season. Chrysanthemum plants can be grown in any kind of soil, but they require a sunny weather for best performance.
Chrysanthemum seeds are sown in those areas which experience low rainfall during the rainy season.
Chrysanthemums are easy to be grown and are propagated by the division of roots, cuttings, and seeds. Usually, the Chrysanthemum seedlings are transplanted after about a month of sowing. But sometimes seeds can also be sown directly in site and seedlings thin out after germination.
Chrysanthemum plants flower in about three months after sowing. Chrysanthemums have a long flowering period.
Caring for Shevanti
- After the transplants, the Chrysanthemum beds should be weeded, hoed and watered regularly. In some cases staking of Chrysanthemum plants is necessary.
- After a few weeks, the Chrysanthemum seedlings are pinched to make them bushy.
- Fertilize when the plants are ready for blooming and discontinue fertilizing after flower buds are formed.
- A careful check should be made to detect diseases or insect/pests and prompt control measures should be adopted to control them.
- The faded Chrysanthemum blooms should be removed regularly as it helps prolong flowering.
- Chrysanthemums are susceptible to aphids and plant bugs, leaf spot and stunt, and foliar nematodes. However, Chrysanthemums benefit from winter protection.
Typical uses of Shevanti
Culinary use: Chrysanthemum leaves are steamed or boiled and used as greens, especially in Chinese cuisine. Small chrysanthemums are used in Japan as a sashimi garnish.
Ornamental use: Widely used for decoration purpose. The plant possess anti-inflammatory, anti-gout and anti-thrombic activity. The plant is very effective in the treatment of wounds, tumours, boils and eye irritation.
Medicinal use: The plant possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-gout and anti-thrombic activity. The plant is very effective in the treatment of wounds, tumours, boils and eye irritation.
Consult your health expert.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good growth and 90% germination
Do we have to replant it when this will be get delivered to us at home?
Very good. Worth the price
Its been a month I bought this plant. It came with very few broken leaves but its growing fast now. Very happy with this one.
It is easiest to grow houseplant.
Any query about shevanti, chrysanthemum (white, pink) - plant