Areca Palm (Small) - Plant
What makes it special:
- NASA recommended air purifying plant.
- Best plant for AC rooms.
- Low maintenance plant.
- Popular indoor house plant.
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Areca Palm (Small)
Areca palm is one of the most widely used indoor gardenings for bright interiors. It features feathery, arching fronds, each with up to 100 leaflets. These big, bold plants command attention.
The areca palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutescens or Dypsis lutescens), also called the yellow butterfly palm and golden cane palm is one of the easiest palm trees to grow indoors. The foliage is evergreen, of Fine texture and yellow-green in color. Pinnate, 6 to 8 pale green leaves per stem, 80 to 100 leaflets, to 8 feet long (2.4 m). Yellow if grown with enough light, 2 feet long. Yellow male and female flowers on the same inflorescence.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Areca Palm
- Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
- Protect the plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage. Soil
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing areca plant. Watering
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Money plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Re-potting
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not place your plant in bright direct sunlight it can burn the leaves of plant.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
For re-potting procedure click here
Typical uses of Areca Palm
Special features: Areca palm is air purifier indoor plant.
Ornamental use: This is one of the most useful Palms for landscape gardening.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Nice plant and vase. As well. I like it
A happy customer ?? But like could the rate be a bit reasonably else all good ... thanks
Is it suitable for office premises with no fresh air space
Attractive plants for pot culture
Plant was healthy and growing.Delivered in well packed protective method. Appreciable. Thank you